some lovely pictures

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Costa Rica

First of all, im so happy to finally be home... I missed everyone tremendously.
So, Costa Rica finally came and went. So much happened so i think Im gonna recap the trip in several parts... you know, keep you all hanging.

First of all the trip was amazing! Like, everything that I have been planning and such all came together so smoothly. We were able to do so many things and so much more.
The first couple of days we stayed in the capitol of Costa Rica (San Jose) and stayed with my cousins. Wednesday we arrived early in the morning, got to the house and basically slept most of the afternoon. When we got up, my cousin took us to see some of the coffee plants that were all around the neighborhood he lived in. That night, we went to a local market place and bought random things that people forgot to pack and some food for the couple of days we were gonna be there. Thursday was our first fun day, we did the canopy tour and got to go zip-lining through the rain forest. It was absolutely glorious and beautiful. I've done it before but this was a new place and it was interesting cause it was raining so the cables were wet which made us go faster... i felt like superman... which made me smile (side note- i wore my SGP shirt that day so SGP soared through the rainforest). I believe there were about 10 different cable plus a few hang bridges that we had to cross to get to other cables.
The next day we went to central San Jose and went to a few historical museums (since i love history and all) and went to the national theater. The national theater is one of my favorite places to visit while at the capitol.
Friday night we took off for our 8 hour drive to Golfito which is where I planned on working with the schools and is where most of my family lives. My cousin's neighbor had this big van and he volunteered to drive us there. Its a beautiful but long drive up a ton of mountains and its also a dangerous road. Well, our driver could not stop drifting the whole time... probably one of the scariest things ever. I'm pretty we almost died at least 4 different times.
But we finally made it to Golfito Saturday morning at like 5:00am.
As soon as we got to Glofito we took a nap, slept, and then headed to the stores to buy shoes and school supplies for the school we were going to be working with that next week.
ok, so im gonna stop there so i dont bore you all too much. I also posted a ton of pictures on flickr if you want to see more.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/costarican_15/

1 comment:

  1. Sounds AMAZING!!! :) Zip lining sounds like so much fun, and scary at the same time! I bet the fact that it was raining made it all the more exciting when you were zipping through the forest! haha. Can't wait to read more friend :)

    ~Kait

    ReplyDelete