some lovely pictures

Monday, April 6, 2009

First day success!

Man, what a great Monday! Today I started my after school program that has been in the works for a while and I couldn't have gone any better. God just totally brought everything together last minute and all the students seemed to really enjoy themselves. For those of you who didn't know, I have been trying to start an after school program at the school that I work at to give students the opportunity to get involve in the arts and learn a different language. I have been working with several community organizations and members and finally got everything approved to start today.
We had about 30 students between the ages of 6-10 stay after school for art and spanish lessons. I taught the spanish lessons and it was amazing! Next week we are hoping to get a few more when we start a guitar class as well.
These kids were just so excited and it was so neat to see them wanting to learn spanish and taking their art class.
I am just so humbled by everyone who has helped me out and made this vision a reality. I truly believe that these student's lives will be impacted by this. One of the main reasons I wanted to do something like this was because our town is extremely small and kids get bored. I wanted to provide an outlet for them to invest their time in.
So yeah, I also hope and pray that this would leave a mark, a legacy, in the school since this is my last time teaching. I want to make sure I took full advantage of what God gave me. Even though I disliked most days, I still try to do everything 100%. I want to make sure that I truly do live life to the fullest and end this this with a bang! Again, it was a great learning experience but teaching is definitely not for me and I know that God has great plans ahead.
So, I will definitely be updating as this program continues. Its only gonna be 8 weeks long but hopefully it create a good foundation for next year.
Hope you all had a great monday!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad everything went well and i know that you are making a difference in those kid's lives, just like you've done in mine. just follow God's path for you and he will never lead you astray. "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God cannot protect you. "

    ReplyDelete