some lovely pictures

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"What will my future be? I wonder..."

"What will this day be like? I wonder.
What will my future be? I wonder.
It could be so exciting to be out in the world, to be free
My heart should be wildly rejoicing
Oh, what's the matter with me?
I've always longed for adventure
To do the things I've never dared
And here I'm facing adventure
Then why am I so scared?"

I feel like I'm turning into such a flake... but am I really? Or am I just being smart and keeping all my options open for the fall. I haven't really committed to anything yet so I can't technically be a flake. But I'm realizing that there are other doors being open for the fall that I should consider... doors that aren't necessarily MI.
Confused? Let me explain.
So, yes... in the past months I have changed my plans for the fall and my choices for a career a lot. When I first had my epiphany about moving to MI, I was so excited about the thought of just being out on my own, taking that leap, getting that 3 layer funfetti cake from God, it wasn't necessarily so much about the idea of MI itself. Since then, several other opportunities have come up to truly pursue a career in music. Weather or not I go into music therapy or sound mixing, just having the opportunity to be involved in music.
Earlier, I wrote about taking that leap and living life without regrets... and not just doing things because I feel obligated by others to do something.
Well, I am considering all the doors now. I don't want to regret moving to MI when another door is presenting itself. A door that has been there for the past 6 months that I refused to see only until recently. That door is moving to L.A.
I was scared to write this blog. I don't know who is going to be reading this but I fell like I owe people an apology for being flaky and constantly changing my plans. But then, do I really need to apologize for that?
I know who I am. I am a passionate person and when I commit to things, I commit to things 100%. I know who I am in my faith, I know what my passion is. And I know that I can't please everyone. The only two people that I should please is God and myself. And I know that God has my back cause we're buds.
But anyways, back to the whole possibly not moving to MI...
I had originally wanted to go there because they had an amazing music educators program. Then when I realized that I really didn't want to go into teaching, I found out they also offered music therapy. Well last week I found out that they will no longer be accepting applicants for that program after this summer. My plan was to do community college in Lansing for the first year then transfer to MSU. I'm still waiting to hear back if I got admitted or not but if I don't get admitted, I really don't see the point in moving all the way over there just to do a community college when I can go somewhere else.
So, I'm not committing to anything yet, and I'm not saying that I'm moving to MI or CA or anywhere yet for that matter.
Basically I just wanted to let you all know the latest update so that if I ended up looking more into L.A., it wouldn't be a complete surprise.
so, go ahead and criticize or encourage... to be honest I really just had to be honest and let y'all know.
Like I said, I feel like I'm turning into a flake and into an unreliable person... but at the same time, I feel like because I'm considering all my options, I'm growing as an individual and being smart about this move, wherever it may be.

5 comments:

  1. Go where your heart takes you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think you're being flaky... you're just being cautious and realistic. Don't rush into something if you don't feel 100% sure about it, or at least have 100% faith in it working out for the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And I know that God has my back cause we're buds." You are awesome!

    And not a flake. Considering all your possibilities does not make you flaky, it makes you better prepared.

    You'll find where you need to be, of that I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why on earth would we criticize? Who are we to judge...

    Thanks for keeping us posted about your options. I assume you would head to LA for sound mixing? Would you then be abandoning the whole music therapy thing?

    You are braver than I am. I know you'll put everything into whatever it is you go for. :D

    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not a flake! You have to do what is best for you :) You need to follow your heart and lead with your mind! In time you'll know whats best. Though you never really know until you try you just have to go with your gut and hope you made the right decision but you can always change your mind if you aren't happy and take another path! That's the frame of mind I'm going with at least.

    ReplyDelete