some lovely pictures

Thursday, April 30, 2009

to my pals, my friends, my SGP family

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
–Walt Disney

So, I don't even know where to begin. The past 5 months have been crazy. I don't think I have ever had to rely on God and trust as much as I have lately. I also have never felt so blessed by people that he has placed in my life either. Most of you I have only known for a couple of months, and I don't think I have met any of you either... well not yet at least... but I have felt so blessed by each and every one of you and I could not have made it through these past couple of months without your support and encouragement.
I just wanted to take the time to let you all know that but to also fill you in on my decisions for the fall.
Some of you have already heard of some form of what I have been going through from my blogs or by just talking to me... some already know the ending of this note. Others, have no idea what I'm talking about but I know have been praying for me and/or encouraging me.
Basically, around Christmas I was really feeling like teaching was just not something that I saw myself doing as a career. I had just finished a music class and was about to start orchestra. I soon rediscovered how much music truly was my passion and wanted to pursue it more... and i have.
At first my plan was to go to MI and get certified in music education but that plan fell through. Another opportunity also had been presented that I ignored for several months until about a month ago, and that was moving back to CA and going to school in L.A.
Well my friends, I am here to tell you that I have officially decided to move down to L.A. this summer. I am extremely excited about it and I know its going to be a crazy journey but I'm excited to take it together with God and my friends for support.
My plan is to finish off my general studies at L.A. City College then transfer to one of the many universities down there and major in some sort of music. Eventually I want to go into music therapy but I want to explore the music industry for a bit and see where God leads me.
So, yes... I still need prayer though. I still need to find a job while down there and we are still looking at different apartments and such. Its also just going to be a crazy transition ... hard times ahead... hard times but good times too.
I know this is very brief but I would love to tell you more about it if interested.

I appreciate you all so much.
Your friendship truly means so much to me.
Thanks,

Raquel

1 comment:

  1. Oh Raq, I know (!) everything will turn out just fine for you. You're the kind of person that everyone loves, and because of that you'll never be alone, and you'll find kind people to help you in this new journey you're taking...

    From Arg in send you a hug! and a Good luck!
    xo,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete