some lovely pictures

Monday, February 23, 2009

New music+ESL=happiness

Oh man, so if you still haven't gone to southerngothicproductions.blogspot.com you need to! These guys are just amazing and today they posted some pretty amazing playlists from Hilarie Burton and Nick Gray. Listening to new music is one of my favorite things and so when I came across some new stuff today, it made me preety happy.
Last week my ESL stdents came up with an amazing idea. In my 4th grade group, I have one student who speaks Russian, one students who speaks Romanian, one students who speaks Thai, and I speak spanish. Anyways, they suggested that we teach each other a new word in our language and start a language log... so we did. Each day we have been sharing a new word in 4 different languages and so I though I would share.
(The spelling may not be correct but it will at least give you the pronunciation)
Hello-English
Hola-Spanish
Buna Ziua-Romanian
Halo-Russian

Yes-English
Si-Spanish
Ya-Russian
Da-Romanian
Shiy-Thai

Thanks-English
Gracias-Spanish
Spaceeba-Russian
Kapkun-Thai

Dog-English
Perro-Spanish
Ma-Thai
Subaka-Russian
Cjine-Romanian
Thats all we have learned so far. If you guys know any of these words in another language, I would love to be able to share it with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment