some lovely pictures

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome!!

So, this is my first time ever blogging... let's see how I do.
I guess first of all I should explain what this blog is about (I mean, that makes the most sense right?)
Anyways, last summer I went down with 3 other friends to a school in the middle of nowwhere land, Costa Rica and donated school supplies to about 150 children. All of the supplies were donated from teachers, friends, and family. We were able to give each student crayons, colored pencils, markers, toothbrushes, and a pair of brand new shoes. Now these are children who have never owed anything new before... some have never ever owed any coloring devices either. We had such an amazing ooportunity to go down and help out this small community and enjoyed it so much that I am planning on going back this summer to help even more children (500 to be exact).
I wanted to start a blog to just keep people updated and informed on plans that we are making and/or give you all the opportunity to help if you would like.
More updates to come soon. Heck, maybe I will even post some pictures from last year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment