some lovely pictures

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank you Casper...

So two of my new friends, Becca and Megan, inspired me to write about ghosts (yes, I do know how random my blogs have been getting but oh well). Anyways, living on the west coast, I haven't had as many ghosts as you east coast people. I'm not saying that they aren't around over here, just that I think the older a place is and the more history a place has, the more likely you are to have a spirit still lurking around.
So, when I was in jr high, I spent a great deal of time in the library looking at books with history of ghost sightings. I learned at an early age (i think it was because of Casper) that ghosts couldn't harm me. Anyways, back to library books... so I would find stories of people and would go to some of the places just to see where these ghosts use to live. My friend's house was listed in that book for having ghosts.
One day, I was at my friends house. She lived in this old house in the middle of vineyards. She had told me about 2 ghosts that lived in her house but had never personally seen them. That night, we were upstairs in her room and we heard some barking coming outside. Because she lived out in the country, we thought the barking was towards an coyote or something so we looked out the window just to make sure. There, walking thorugh the vineyard was this sillouette of a man just minding his own business. We knew it wasn't her dad... and there was no other person around. A ghost, and it was so cool because it was just a peaceful moment that gave me reassurance that ghosts really weren't scary, they're just minding their own business. It was pretty insane! My first ghost sighting, and I will always remember that. So, whether or not you believe in ghosts or are scared of them, just know that they all have stories just like us.

So, I know that Megan is working on some pretty cool ghost stories so I think that you all should go check out her blog.
http://meganmarymcteague.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Raquel! i love me some ghost stories and that is a great one. i wish i had some, maybe someday i will. i love your random blogs by the way haha. mine are too (all three of them). i'm about to write another though so that'll be four. okay i'm rambling, but seriously thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete