some lovely pictures

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You Can't Shut Up An Artist

I'm lying in bed, roasting in this stuffy room, my mind drowning in a hurricane of online courses and finishing my script and summer plans and how to raise 1600 bucks for my trip and the play and friends and seniorprojectandtheimpendi
ngdoomofmylifeasIknowit.....GASP! Can I just go on break 2 weeks early? Wait, then I'd have to start summer school early, what fun! And by fun I mean I would rather do synchronized swimming with piranhas...I open the window, getting some air. I'm listening to the sounds of traffic on the 29 about 2 blocks from my house. and then the chirping starts. In that moment, it didnt seem like this bird (please note, there is only one. One bird. ONE!) It didnt seem like singing, rather he was cussing out for horrible driving or screaming for his life. It wasnt a bad sound, just unwelcome at 5 am. I'm here, in my bed, having a demented artist moment, thinking my writing will never go anywhere or my acting will never be worth anything when I felt God ask a question? Do you hear my creation sing? Why is this bird singing?Me: because (the realization hit me) because its what he was made to do...God: that song, in all its imperfections, in spite of the hour, is beautiful to me. Because it is my creature, unashamedly doing what I created him to do. And that is why it is worship. that is why it is beautiful. Because he holds nothing back and crys out in love. That is why this bird is an artist. thats what it means to be an artist. To cry out to God "I love you" or "I need you" or whatever is filling your heart. Art is the hearts cry to reconnect with the divine!And you can never shut up the truest of artists.".....But I cant sleep...I'm being treated to a private concert this morning :) You see, there is this bird who just wont shut up. He's crying his lungs out, seeming to beckon the sunrise...and his is the truest and most beautiful art!Sing on, my friendsing your song of praise!dont let the skeptics and passionless people around you deprive the world of your artsing and raise the sun from the sea and our hearts from their slumber, raise your voice to the heavens and I'll join in under. together my friend, we'll share in this songand worship our God in the dawn streaming over the horizon, a new day is here so sing sing sing until the darkness has faded and the doubters can see why we sang without fear. For then it will be obvious, the source of our inspiration, this elation we experience, this fascination, the one we seek to give exaltation, this king and this god and this artist extraordinaire. This lover of our souls, this love so unfair. We dont deserve it little bird...so sing on my friend, I'll translate for you sing , unashamed and unafraidtogether my friend, one voice and one lovesing on my friendsing on...
credit to my dear friend Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment