some lovely pictures

Friday, March 6, 2009

Beauty Found In Portland

I love Portland.
I love the diversity of Portland.
I love the simplicity of Porltand.I love the Bridges of Portland.
I love the Spirit of Portland.
I love the Beauty of Portland.
I love living in the "country" and still having Portland 30 min away. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. If you have never been to Portland, let me try to decribe it for you. Portland is surrounded by rivers. In order to get to downtown Portland, you have to cross one of the many different bridges.
From Portland you can see Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, and sometimes Mt. St. Helens. There are so many "city" things to do, but then there are also simple things like walking on the waterfront (my favorite). One of my favorite places in Portland in Powells book store. This place is amazing. Excluding Disneyland from this sentence, I would say that Powells IS the happiest place on Earth. It's like a fun house. There are a ton of different rooms and levels just filled with books. Used books, new books, big books, small books, audio books, EVERYTHING! There is also a fun thing on the weekends called "Saturday Market". Every weekend, a whole chunk of portland is closed off and turned into a market for people to come and seel things. Most of which are hand made crafts. I love to walk around and see the creativity that everyone has. People come up with the coolest things. Along with all the "merchandise", there is a ton of food from all over the world. Peoplel seel food from El Salvador, Nepal, Thailand, Middle Eastern, Africa, and the typical Mexican and Italian food. It's such a fun experience.


I just wanted to share a small piece of my town with you all. Happy Friday everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Portland sounds amazing WCS. i can't wait to come. Maybe we can go to Powell's together. I am a fool about some used books. :) by the way. your pictures are amazing. they look like postcards. thank you for your sipit into your life. stay fantastic!

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete