some lovely pictures

Friday, March 20, 2009

Penguins are our favorite fish

So today has been a roller-coaster of emotions. I must say though, I would have never though that God would use my crazy viking hat wearing east coast sister to help me out. Becca- Thank you so much for allowing me to vent to you today. Your friendship truly is amazing... and random... but I would have it any other way.
We had an amazing conversation earlier and we decided to make a blog about it. I told her she could post cause I wasn't in the mood but I decided to add this little bit to it.
I hope that you will be encouraged by this. God works in mysterious ways and I'm so glad that he does.

so... even though Becca posted a blog on our conversation... I thought I would post her blog here too.

So the other day we were asked to write SGP milestones that have affected us. The following conversation is between Raquel and I-a friendship that never would have happened had it not been for Southern Gothic Productions. This is our milestone. It's one of many, but one that we are both so grateful for. I know it's a little long, but I think that's okay. I hope whoever reads this knows how awesome it is to find a friendship like this, and the amazing thing is, there are so many more of them that have been formed because of SGP. It's an amazing company to support and it has blessed us with amazing people in return.


6:48pm
Rebecca
hey there darling'
6:48pm
Raquel
hey
6:49pm
Rebecca
how ya doing?
6:49pm
Raquel
i've been better
6:50pm
Rebecca
i know.
i'm sorry.
6:50pm
Raquel
its fine... its just a lot of stuff been building up and today I just feel like the devil decided to completely attack me
its just frustrating
i know its not that big of a deal but I just feel horrible about everything
6:52pm
Rebecca
i know. and it is a big deal. you have the right to be upset. it's okay to. you can vent. fell free. i'm here.
6:52pm
Raquel
thanks
6:53pm
Raquel
I have a bad habit of building up walls and shutting my family out when I am going through hard times
and I hate it cause my family is awesome... I love them and they are amazing. Isolating myself is like my huge weakness and so these past couple of months have been so hard on them
6:57pm
Raquel
I had this plan to go to school in portland and continue working at the school here but when GOd shut that door, it took him a while to reveal this MI door. I have no patience so during that waiting period, I struggled a lot
6:57pm
Rebecca
wow, i feel like that's me talking. i have the same problem. i put on the brave face and keep the world out. i'm trying to break those walls, but i know it's so hard.
6:57pm
Raquel
sorry, I'm totally taking your offer up for venting... let me know if I should back off a bit
6:57pm
Rebecca
you are fine. i promise.
6:58pm
Raquel
yeah... I totally put on the brave face and my grin but it gets exhausting really fast
its like... I trust God and I strive to have that joy... but I feel like I have to always be happy around everyone
6:59pm
Rebecca
yea, i've learned that's cause it's not always supposed to be there. sometimes you have to feel low to get back up again
6:59pm
Raquel
its true... thats one of the things GOd has been teaching me. How he leads us through the dessert to build us back up again and make us stronger
I am so glad he allowed me to go through all that I did these past months but at the same time I feel like I hurt my family so much... I just want to try and fix it
7:01pm
Rebecca
God teaches us every day. He's making you so strong and so brave-i mean, you're moving to MI. He's instilling that knowledge that you can do this in you.
7:02pm
Rebecca
well just don't be too hard on what you should've done in the past, just try and build a better tomorrow with them. i know you can.
7:02pm
Raquel
yeah... and since he told me about my 3 layer funfetti cake awaiting me in MI, I have been learning so much about myself and God... and I know him and I both are gonna have an amazing journey together.
keep moving forward right?
7:03pm
Rebecca
yep, it's going to be the best cake you've ever had. i guarantee it.
7:04pm
Raquel
haha... its like I've been preaching that to so many people but haven't been listening to those words until now
RAQUEL pay attention to your own words!!! Keep moving forward!
(me, giving myself a talk)
7:04pm
Rebecca
i know how that is. it's like i said in a past blog, i'm everyone's cheerleader and somewhere along the way, i forgot to be my own
7:05pm
Raquel
seriously...
could we be anymore similar?
haha
7:05pm
Rebecca
i don't know. i'm a little freaked out about how similar we are right now haha
7:05pm
Raquel
haha... me too.
7:06pm
Rebecca
God is great. He brought our friendship together.
7:06pm
Raquel
its so true
7:07pm
Raquel
I am so thankful for our friendship. One of the most random friendships ever!
7:07pm
Rebecca
i know right? it's kinda shocking. but awesome.
7:07pm
Raquel
its true...
7:12pm
Rebecca
you need to go watch the sound of music. watch the vantraps get out of austria.
7:13pm
Raquel
oh, wow... that was totally going to be my plan
7:13pm
Rebecca
no? oh wow.
7:13pm
Raquel
weird. SOund of Music is my medicine
7:14pm
Rebecca
we are basically the same person
7:14pm
Raquel
did you ever watch Boy Meets WOrld? random question but I have a point...
7:14pm
Rebecca
did i ever watch boy meets world? that was my show haha
7:15pm
Raquel
same here... I can basically quote the whole series. Ok so you probably know this episode...
the one with the fiance game and Rachel and Eric are partners
7:15pm
Rebecca
yes.
7:16pm
Raquel
and Feeny goes "what is his favorite fish" and rachel goes "Penguins" and feeny is like "no i don't think you understood the question" and eric yells "BAM"
showing off that he did indeed write penguin and proceeds to say "its like we have one brain"
7:17pm
Rebecca
that's us. penguins are our favorite fish
7:17pm
Raquel
anyways... your its like we're the same person reminded me of that
haha
you should add that to the blog...
7:18pm
Rebecca
so am

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blogs ladies. I'm glad you found each other. SGP is an amazing place to meet some amazing people and I'm glad I meet both of you.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does work in mysertious and wonderful ways! :) I commented on Becca's too. It is quite amazing how he brings the right people into our lives at the right time. :) Thank you for sharing this with us. It again reminds me of how amazing He is. :)

    ReplyDelete