some lovely pictures

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fly By Night

So tonight I head off to VA. I am going to be in Lynchburg, then go to Virginia beach, then end up in D.C. As much as I will miss chatting with you all for the next week, I am really excited to reconnect with old friends and just be in the east coast. I love history and ghosts and I love the east coast (hey look at that, I made a rhyme). I have only been to the east coast once, but that experience was so amazing, I can't wait to see more of it!
I love to travel, if I had the money I would travel every weekend. I have been to a lot of different places and I love the excitement and energy of the airport. I love looking at the departure screen and seeing all these cities that I have yet to visit (of course I also get depressed seeing all the cities that I have to visit). But, I love the idea of new adventure... and i think that's why the idea and having a fresh start in the fall is so exciting for me. Obivously, living at home, makes you feel constrained. Especially if you have already lived away from home and end up moving back (thats what I did). But I feel like this trip to VA is the first step in really moving forward with my journey. 2 of my best friends live in VA and so the main purpose of the trip is to see them. Then, 3 other friends will be down there as well so 6 of us are going to be reconnecting!! I haven't seen some of these guys in like 2 years... and I'm excited to update them all on the new plans that God has for my life. I met them when I did my internship in Texas for 12 months right out of high school. They are my family and I have missed them dearly.


So I like lyrics and there is a song by Rush called "Fly by Night". I though it was apporpriate since I fly tonight.


"Why try? I know why

The feeling inside me says it's time I was gone

Clear head, new life ahead

It's time I was king now -- not just one more pawn

Fly by night, away from here

Change my life again

Fly by night, goodbye my dear

My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend

Moon rise, thoughtful eyes

Staring back at me from the window beside

No fright or hindsight

Leaving behind that empty feeling inside

Start a new chapter

Find what I'm after

It's changing every day

The change of a season

Is enough of a reason

To want to get away

Quiet and pensive

My thoughts apprehensive

The hours drift away

Leaving my homeland

Playing a lone hand

My life begins today"


So, yes... i think those lyrics are perfectly fitting to where I am at in life.

So anyways, I will try to stop in to the chat later today after work and say fare thee well. But, if I don't happen to catch you all, I will miss you and I will take plenty of pictures with my new camera!



4 comments:

  1. oooh sounds like fun!!!! I wish I was going on vacation somewhere.... Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to see all of the pictures.

    Have an amazing time!!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should take a picture of the new VA welcome sign thats the old one lol :) i'm just giving you a hard time... have fun and tell home i said hi :) my mom and dad are there be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally unrelated to your post and I probably could have said this in your Cbox, but I love how grounded you are in your Faith.

    -Astrid.

    ReplyDelete