some lovely pictures

Friday, March 13, 2009

we really are a connected quilt

So, as I am here at work catching up on people's latest posts and blogs... I can't help but smile.
Its amazing how in this short period of time that I have gotten to know most of my new SGP family, they have just become a part of my life. I remember how exciting it was to find of group of people who had a similar passion as me. Even though we had different backgrounds, different talents, and lived all over the place, we all had a connection.
I love that sometimes if I'm going through a rough day and I can guarantee that Becca will have posted some amazing quote with pictures that brings a smile to my face. Or, if I feel like my plans for the future are uncertain or I just am scared to take that first step... I know that I'm not alone and Megan or Kim will have posted something that they are going through.
I remember posting my blog about my decision to move forward with my move to Michigan and then reading Beccas blog about taking a leap of faith. Then today, I read about Kim and how she is planning on taking that leap of faith and moving to Wilmington.
I love that my passion for music and the arts and education can help others and that others can inspire me.
I love that if I just miss Costa Rica and being in a spanish enviornment, I can go over to Titania's blog and just read her amazing posts.
and... I love how I have made a new sister in Spain and I'm so excited about my trip to go visit her with Becca in December!
I think it's really cool how God uses unlikely sources to teach and remind us of things. How would have thought that finding this blog in January and popping into the chat room a month ago would lead me here.
I am so thankful for this SGP quilt. You guys are all awesome and I always enjoy reading your blogs or watching your vlogs or just spending some time chatting with you all.
Southern Gothic is doing amazing things!
Keep being awesome everyone.
and HAPPY FRIDAY!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Thank you! This is exactly what I needed read right now. I am with you on this 100%. Thank you for you comment also. It really means so much.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. God definitely works in cool, random ways. That Spanish vlog did a great job with the SGP quilt comparison. What part of Michigan are trying to move to?

    http://reelartsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you WCS. I've had a really hard day and this just made it so much better. God is amazing, He brought all of us together in such unique ways and I'm just glad that I have you guys now. I can't wait til December. It will be awesome I'm sure. Thank-you again.

    -ECS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and uplifting post. It is quite cool how God works in mysterious ways. :)

    ReplyDelete